Friday 27 August 2010

Review of Summer Project

Improvements/alterations/evaluations...

1) Computerised Images.
If I had access to a Photoshop program over the summer, I could have reflected and rotated the images with more accuracy and detail.

2) Smaller scale.
I think they would have been a lot more interesting to be smaller and more intricate. However, if I had smaller images, it would be very time consuming to apply lots of detail successfully.

3) 3-d/materials.
I would have liked to experiment with creating 3-dimensional forms. Trying to create unusual prisms is challenging, especially on a small scale, yet I would like to investigate this further. This would involve experimentation with materials; tissue paper held up with wire/wooden frames, folded acetate, textiles and frames etc.

4) Lights.
If I were to create the images 3-dimensionally, depending on the material of course, small lights could be inserted, in order to see the images lit from within.

5) Hanging material/clothing.
Experimenting with the material the images hang from would professionally bring the project much nearer to an 'end point'. Solid metal links, wire, delicate paper folds, twisted textiles, are all possibilities. As well as creating embellished items of clothing.


I kept the basis of this project relatively simple, and now I feel I am at an advantage by having many ideas to continue working with, rather than feeling like I have completed any experiments on this summer project.

No comments:

Post a Comment